Ingredients for Salad:
-1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 6 cups Italian Style Bread (cut into cubes)
- 1 teaspoon salt (any type)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 1 large English Cucumber (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 large Red Onion (sliced thinly)
- 10-15 basil leaves (chopped)
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard (Dijon)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut bread into small pieces and lay on baking sheet. Drizzle with Olive Oil and toss with hands until pieces are coated and shiny.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the bread pieces. Bake for 15 minutes at 375˚F until crisp, but still chewy.
3. Cut tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and basil. Add into the bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Prepare the dressing. Pour 1/4 of the dressing on vegetables without bread.
5. Place cooled bread chunks with the vegetables. Toss everything together and drizzle remaining dressing and toss.